Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is Why I'll Never Own a Robot

There are times when I really just hate technology. Why, you ask? Let me tell you about my evening.

It's a well-known fact that I live for music. Seriously, the only time I don't have my mp3 player on me is when I'm in the shower. Even then it's playing over the speakers.

Well, earlier this evening, I decided that I wanted to put some new songs on the stupid thing. Apparently, that was a big mistake. The entire thing froze up! So, I reset my mp3 player and tried it again. The same thing happened! So I tried again. And again. And again.

I've never claimed to be some kind of computer genius, and I'm not going to start now. There may be many solutions to the particular problem I was having, but I only knew of one. The only thing to do was to delete all of my music from my mp3 player. Now, I'm not completely stupid--I had to delete it, but I didn't want to lose any songs. After going through and double-checking that all of the albums were also in my music library on my computer, I hit the button. Delete.

Since I re-formatted my mp3 player, I had to redo all of the settings I had for how it syncs when I hook it up to my computer. That was fun. Then to the best part.

I am all for conserving space in my mp3 player, so I usually don't put a whole album on it. I'll have the whole album in my music library, but not my player. Because I'm a stickler about this--really. I get kinda obsessive--I had to go through each individual song in my library and put it in the sync list.

I finished that part about an hour ago. I clicked that "Start Sync" button and I waited. And waited. And I'm still waiting. As we speak, it's only about 75% complete. I really hope this works because I'd hate to go through all this work for nothing. Also, because if it doesn't, then I'm out of solutions. Except buy a new player. Which just isn't going to (can't) happen.

I hate technology.

If I ever have to do this again, I'm going to throw something.

On an unrelated note: I have on these fake fingernails and damn, it's hard to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment